All textiles are conceived and made to order, aside from the occassional overrun listed under Shop. Commissions can be based off past pieces or conceived entirely anew. Anything is possible as long as it's out of the ordinary.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a rough idea of what you're looking for. After an initial consultation, I'll supply a design, timeline, quote, and samples for your persual, and we'll take it from there. Please note that dyeing, weaving, and sewing a full project (from scratch) takes a minimum of 2–4 weeks.
Food for Thought
Questions to get the ideas flowing—by no means exhaustive or required.
- What would you like to make?
- How do you want to describe it?
- Feel: dense, smooth, soft, puffy, deep, rugged...
- Colors: juxtaposed, pastel, secretive, fluorescent, classical...
- Shape: flowing, asymmetric, boxy, fitted, protective...
- What expectations or conventions of this type of textile do you want to honor, or avoid?
- Is it for a special person, occassion, or activity?
- Are there pieces here or elsewhere that inspire you?
- Do you have a deadline?
- What is your budget?
No job is too big or too small. I sincerely hope to offer exuberant handwoven work to anyone, regardless of resources, and can adapt prices accordingly. A majority of profits are donated to Black trans people's healthcare and housing and community bail funds, and will be until everyone is free. I'm also open to trades!